AUCKLAND BADMINTON COURT BOOKING POLICY
Priority on the courts will be given in the following order:
- Auckland Badminton Events:
- Representative Ties
- School Holiday Programmes
- School Competitions
- Any other event organised or run by The Association
- Auckland Badminton Representative Team training
- Auckland Badminton affiliated Clubs
- Auckland Badminton approved groups
- Registered court cards
- Non-registered court cards
- Casual bookings
In a situation where an Auckland Badminton event exceeds the time for which the courts are booked they will have first option on the courts in order to finish the event in progress. The cost of the bookings which are over-run due to these events will be reimbursed in full to the group or individual concerned.
The following policy applies to formally designated and approved clubs who book(s) courts on a regular basis at the Auckland Badminton Stadium
- The club must abide by the number and times of courts as agreed with the General Manager of Auckland Badminton. To permanently change these details a club must apply in writing to the General Manager at least one month prior to the change requested. If there is a temporary change the General Manager must be advised in writing 5 days prior to the change requested.
- If a club has been issued with a club court-card, this club card may only be used at designated club times, i.e. the times that the club has requested according to (a) above. (The card is primarily to book additional courts, if required, at the time of playing.) The General Manager, has the right to recall the card if it is misused.
- The number of courts and times available to a club as a permanent booking is determined by the following, with the exception of bookings at peak times when the number of courts a club requires may be limited by the General Manager to ensure fair and optimal use of the facility
- 10 registered members Maximum of two courts per hour
- 11 – 15 registered members Maximum of three courts per hour
- 16 – 20 registered members Maximum of four courts per hour
- 21 – 30 registered members Maximum of six courts per hour
- 31 – 40 registered members Maximum of seven courts per hour
- Over 40 registered members At the discretion of the General Manager.
- Extra Courts for clubs outside the above will be charged at $17.50 per court
- The number of courts a club is eligible to have as a permanent booking is indicated by the number of players registered with Auckland Badminton at that point in time. The Payment of Registration Fees Policy applies with regard to club bookings and registrations not received by
- Auckland Badminton Court Booking Policy
- April of the given year.
- If a club requires additional courts, for a special event, they must apply in writing to the General Manager at least 6 months prior to the event.
- If a club has an outstanding account of 60 days or over, the General Manager has the right to withdraw any courts booked for that club until such time that the account is settled in full.
- Any courts cancelled within 48 hours of the booking are charged to the club.
- Auckland Badminton events take precedence over club bookings. The clubs are to be advised at least 14 days in advance of a change to their permanent booking.
- It is the responsibility of the club to ensure that all members observe the Rules of Auckland Badminton and the Auckland Badminton Stadium. Failure to observe these rules may, at the discretion of the General Manager, result in the cancellation of the booking rights of the club.
CARD HOLDER BOOKINGS
- The terms and conditions pertaining to the use of the court-cards are set out on the court-card application form which every applicant is required to sign. These can also be found on the Auckland Badminton website.
- Card-holders may only book courts up to 21 days in advance.
- Each card may only book one court per hour.
- Minimum 24 hour notice required to cancel without incurring court fee. Cancellations made outside the 24hr period will receive a full refund.
- Card-holders must observe the Rules of Auckland Badminton and the Auckland Badminton Stadium. Failure to observe these rules may, at the discretion of the General Manager result in the card being made “in-active”.
- All casual bookings must be paid for at the time of booking
- Casual bookings cannot be changed
- Casual bookings are non-refundable
- Casual users of the facility must observe the Rules of Auckland Badminton and the Auckland Badminton Stadium. Failure to observe these rules may, at the discretion of the General Manager; result in the refusal of future bookings